*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754811-What-is-there-to-write-about-my-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#754811 added June 13, 2012 at 2:39pm
Restrictions: None
What is there to write about my life?
Wednesday, June 13, 2012, Day 13 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Tell us what you like about your life."


What is there to write about my life?
Each day is full of joy and strife!


I’m not sure that there’s too much more to write about my life that I haven’t all ready written. However, I will attempt to write something new and, hopefully, wonderful, as opposed to new and mundane.

This morning, rather then being in “deep dark depression and excessive misery”, I’m in a positive mood. Yesterday, I was a bit depressed, but yesterday it took the versus detection program 10-hours to scan my computer. True, I had to pause the scan so that I could keep a doctor’s appointment at 9:30 AM, but since the scan started at 3:14 AM I was already pissed by 8:00 AM, when I had to start getting ready to go.

This morning, it took the program started about 3:04 AM and took about 35-minutes to scan my computer. Neither one of these scans found any warning or threats. I don’t think the length of time the virus scan takes has much to do with my mood, except that it pisses me off when it takes too long.

Today’s a good day:
A free verse and two haiku
Written before noon.


I think the amount of poems I write in the morning has more to do with my mood then how long it takes the virus scan to run. Since Mom doesn’t leave the house until about 8:10 or 8:30 AM (whenever the bus picks her up), I can’t do much work online while she is hear. I’ve been waking up between 2:30 and 3:00 AM, the alarm on my phone is set to 3:00.

I get up, take my first med of the day and turn on the computer so that it can begin the virus scan, which is actually set for 11:36 PM, but won’t run if the computer is in hibernation. Then I give Mom her first med of the day and take a bath. About 3:30 I began chanting God’s Most Great Name and a couple of other prayers. At 4:00 AM, I take my second med and then do whatever I have to do before starting to get Mom up at 5:00 AM.

I’m tired writing this
I want a long vacation
No work before noon


It takes about 30 minutes to get Mom up, changed, and into the wheelchair. I have a GATE belt to help, so I don’t worry about her falling any more. Still she weight 140 lbs. even with the little help she can give in this situation its sometimes difficult. Once I have Mom up and into the living room, then I start giving her the rest of her medication. I can’t give her all her pills at once because if I give her more then one at a time, she wants to spit them up.

The C.N.A. comes to give Mom her shower between 7:00 and 7:30 AM. After Mom is dressed, we sit in the living room and wait for the bus to come and pick her up. During the week, Mom eats dry cereal without milk for breakfast. For some reason she doesn’t want milk or anything else on her cereal. If she has rice for breakfast, she will accept sugar and/or cinnamon on it, but no milk. The weird thing about this is that she will drink a glass of milk for breakfast, but she doesn’t want it on her cereal.

After Mom leaves then I’m ready to eat my breakfast and take the rest of my morning meds. Unless I have to go to the store, doctor’s office, or bank this is the time I attempt to work online between household chores. Because of the condition of my legs, I have to rest between household chores. Resting is usually sitting down at the computer, all though sometimes I turn on television. The problem with turning on the T.V. is that I sit there and go to sleep.

So, where is the strife in my life? After rereading everything I’ve written, I suspect I don’t have as much strife as I thought. Maybe the strife is all in my head and I’m just worrying too much or making “much ado over nothing”.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754811-What-is-there-to-write-about-my-life