*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754965-This-ones-about-the-red
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#754965 added June 16, 2012 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the red.
THE PROMPT: "Boy, was my face red when ..."

Good evening folks...it's a little late but that's ok. It's "Funny Friday" in promptland...and I got nothin' to support it! At least I think I don't. When you have no shame, very little can happen to embarrass yourself on a blog entry-worthy level. Usually, when my pants fall down in public, it's because I wanted them down. If someone blatantly tries to pull one on me, I can turn it around on them pretty quick. I think you see where I'm goin' with this. *Smirk*

I'm sure I could bend the prompt a little and say my face was red because of anger, or cold weather, or from the ten miles I just ran. But I don't run, anger isn't generally funny if your face is red from it, and I prefer not to discuss cold weather (it's a general rule in this here box I'm typing in right now). So that idea's out. Gosh...I hate having to think sometimes.

But, I'll try my best and play along. Boy, was my face red when...

Uhhhh, still nothin'. Ok, let's switch this up a bit. One of my favorite sayings is "A thousand noes equals one giant yes", and that's the route I'm gonna take. I'm sure we've all done a couple of these things, and they turn my face red from time to time... I know, because I've done all of these. So a lot of little things should make this one decent entry.

*Blush* Walking into a store that only accepts cash and having just a credit card on you...that doesn't work in their ATM.

*Blush* Paying for gas at the gas station, not pumping it, and driving away.

*Blush* Seeing someone at work get written up for calling me a "dickhead" (jokingly) over the store's intercom and offending someone other than me.

*Blush* Seeing a handicapped girl get written up at work because she was sexually harassing me and offending everyone.

*Blush* A customer telling me that Dove Promises chocolate candies, which are maybe an inch by an inch around and maybe 1/4 of an inch thick, telling me she wanted chocolates that were sold as "minis", like Snickers and Milky Way, which specifically states "minis" on the bag, even though they're bigger than Dove Promises. Her insistence was frightening...I had to walk away, shaking my damn head. She was adamant that she didn't want them because they weren't "minis".

*Blush* Arguing with a very old woman at work, while my long hair at the time was pulled back in a ponytail, over whether or not I was a boy or a girl. Her insistence was even more frightening...I also had a full beard.

There. That wasn't so bad. Something we can all relate to, I'm sure. *Laugh**Wink*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Definitely not embarrassing.



VITAL STATS:

*Clock2* I'll definitely have this in by midnight. I have to, or it turns into a pencil-drawn pumpkin.

*Sheriff* Had a visit at work today from a detective a few towns over. Seems that some sucka used a stolen credit card at our store last week and ripped us off for over $193 worth of random merch. The detective wanted a copy of our surveillance footage, as he already had a suspect but wanted to have a face he could match to her. I was able to find the transaction in our transaction log, but the video footage...no go. Why? Because even though I can open and close the store by myself, and do all manager functions, I don't have a login for our super fancy high-tech surveillance computer, which can burn a couple minutes of footage from weeks ago onto a DVD. Yup, in America, that's known as "progress". *Smirk*

Alright, I'm bailing. Got some other stuff to do, so I'm peacin' on ya. Have a great weekend, stay safe, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754965-This-ones-about-the-red