*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755092-Sweet-tea
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#755092 added June 17, 2012 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Sweet tea
Jayme is a Georgia peach. Mind you, a black one married to a white one living in Costa Rica after having spent time in Abu Dhabi... a very interesting pair of peaches indeed.

Plus, she's talented and makes great sweet tea. *Smile*

Me:

Just feeling peachy. ROFL. Actually, a tad better.

The party:

In actuality it was a birthday party as John turned 70. Jayme will catch up to me next month.

I don't do birthday parties.

This one was less birthday-ish though and more like a potluck celebration.

With beans.

Because John is a human bean ... *groan*.

En serio: pork-and-bean bread (wonderful), bean pie (to die for), bean dip and a chocolate fountain to dip whatever in. I tried banana, apple and strawberry; but, I really like chicken covered in chocolate the best. Really. The chicken cut the sweetness and hit just the right spot.

So I didn't diet yesterday.

Jayme played the keyboard for us. She told us a story how she evolved as an organist, including how in 1966 at the age of 14 she played in a Southern white church with her 'fro for all to see. Some never did come back. She showed us different styles including the "devil's music" that had invaded the church that upset her Baptist grandfather so much. She played Presbyterian style. Now y'all sit up straight!

It was a great day of meeting people, the dog who shakes as storms approach, avoiding the downpour, eating ...and eating some more.

Moody:

The weather has been moody. Some days no rain. Some days a promise of rain but just cloudy and cool. Yesterday it poured while I was gone. How do I know? A puddle on my livingroom floor where it snuck in under the locked door. My neighbor said it was very windy. I believe her.

Sleeping?:

So tired yesterday evening I lay down early. Woke up at 11:30 pm. Too late to do anything. Back to bed... this has got to stop, but I'm not quite sure how. Fortunately, I'm getting enough sleep overall so it's merely a nuisance.

England:

Since I'm still dealing with my Norway/Sweden photos on a daily basis ...slowly... here's a link to some of my England photos from 2011:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.269898399711458.71431.100000739010621&t...
30.860

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755092-Sweet-tea