*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755111-This-ones-about-the-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#755111 added June 17, 2012 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the week.
THE PROMPT: "Tell us about your week; or tell us which one of your fellow challengers entries resonated with you."

What's up? I took a nap, so I am, dammit. In lieu of singling out anyone for their entries (I told you last week I'm not playing favorites), I'll offer up a few bits of news from my world that didn't make it into the blog this week. Fair enough?

Consider this a VITAL STATSATHON:

*Dollar* A bank across the street from where I work was forcibly robbed last week. Luckily, a dilligent customer was able to get a license plate of the getaway vehicle while on his/her stomach. They caught the robbers. I often wonder how I'd react in a hold-up. I know how I think I'd play the "hero", and I know what we're taught, but I'd probably be somewhere in between.

*Worry* Saw this as a Facebook status the other day: "My manicures last longer than my relationships." My lord, people have lost their damn minds. This person is a friend only because we went to the same school and I graduated with her sister. She's the type that thinks everyone wants to sleep with her, although she's not really, ummm, that attractive. So, ummmm, really? Maybe there's truths you're not seeing somewhere, you silly delusional lady.

*Bullet**Check* Ahhh, the hockey emoticon as per Brother Nature . I entered a Stanley Cup pool run by an old friend/coworker. You pick the first round, and the subsequent rounds based on your picks (before the first round is over), and I guess you get points based on your picks. Well I don't even remember my picks (I have a hard time with hockey when my Sabres are out of the running). But all you need to know is that I have two thumbs and *Pointright*this guy*Pointleft* won the damn pool! It's around $70...I'll know for sure later on this week, but that's money I didn't wake up with, so sweeeeeet! I never win this kinda stuff!!

*Heart* Shit isn't working on either end, so I'll be searching for a new residence soon. Go figure...I finally get the basement set up the way I want it to, and the woman loses her shit regardless of what I do. Fucking grand. She thinks you people are more important than her to me, which isn't the case, but you know women...once their mind is made up, there's no sense trying to change it. The argument is futile...and the more I fight it, the wronger she'll make me feel...which makes this the right thing to do.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Yup. That sort of frustrated where you can't get someone else to make sense of themself. Am I wrong? Yes. But am I a person who has reason to be upset, yet my appeals get denied? Yes, indeed. Typical of the life I live around here.



Not your typical Sunday, y'all. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755111-This-ones-about-the-week