*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755195-9835-MondayMonday--983498349835
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#755195 added July 1, 2012 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
♫ Monday,Monday ... ♪♪♫

As the song goes, actually, there are a few songs where Monday features.

Either the information has to be Googled or we accept my word for it.

Blue Mondays, of those we know well. (went to Google >>>>)

Back from Google; the word Monday appears in quite a few song titles, and a few more Mondays in the lyrics.

A nifty trivial pursuit question - questions you will never ask, and could not care less about the answers

Who was first, the egg or the chicken ?


This Monday started off with the neighbors phoning and telling me they had a rather unusual road-kill carcass, and would I like to see it ?

It turned out to be a marsh mongoose, which is a very seldom seen animal, as it lives in the marshes, and moves mainly at night.

Something which made it doubly unusual is; on the day before, there was another one killed on the road to the south.

As I take note of the 'road-kills' in the area, there must be a reason for their movements.

It is very dry at this time of year, or it could be mating season.

Why the interest in road-kill - it is the only way to see a few of the very shy night-creatures.

I still have to see an Aardvark, and yet, there are aardvark holes all over the place as they dig for termites.

I heard about one being hit by a lorry a while back.


The dead marsh mongoose was then delivered to my 'friend' in the taxidermy business, for a proper stuffing.

The poor mongoose will depart this world with a double stuffing, and somehow will be there for a long time to come - stuffed..

It is not funny !


Then Genie came home with me, now I have my own Genie. It is a young genet, which an acquaintance of mine gifted me.

A very cute looking creature, with the worst reputation as a top class killer of mainly birds, and robber of nests.

Also a creature of the night.


♫ ...Never on a Sunday ... ♪♫ - that is the one song not on the other people's list so far. A few other I did not know












© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755195-9835-MondayMonday--983498349835