*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755327-This-ones-about-to-go-old-school
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#755327 added June 20, 2012 at 6:05pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about to go old-school.
THE PROMPT: "Talk about your high school days."

Good afternoon, friends...it's a hot one out there and I love it. No complaints from this cat about it. But this War Chest prompt? Yikes. Why drudge up the repressed memories! I was kinda mulling it over when I read the prompt this morning...next year will be my class' 20th anniversary reunion. I skipped my 10th (I was amazed I was even tracked down for it) for a few reasons. Besides one of my longest and closest friends, I hadn't really talked to anyone but a few people over that time.

Nowadays, with social networking, there's no place to hide! Just kidding...sorta. I've been able to reconnect, like a lot of people have, so it's been cool catching up with people I haven't talked to in years. Does that make me any more likely to go to the next reunion? Eh, we'll see. I tossed the idea around during my 10th, eventually convinced myself to go, and then a bunch of circumstances hit me like that's life and rearranged my decision-making. Time will tell, I suppose.

Now, high school itself? It wasn't all that fun...unless by fun you mean awkward, nerdy, clueless, not very self-assured, etc. Like a lot of kids were, I'm sure. I just wore it on my cheap clothes a little more frequently than the others. And everybody knows kids are the cruelest of species known to man. High school at times could almost be described as a not-as-gruesome version of kill or be killed. It's a vicious cycle...get picked on, stand up for yourself, and alienate others in the process. Luckily, the rest of my life has been a little kinder and gentler.

It wasn't all bad though. I wrestled for awhile, and was in really good shape for awhile. Of course, as you get older, priorities change. But at least I've still got my personality, which is borderline funny and irritating (or, in my view, always funny *Smirk*). That part of me has never changed, and I'm ok with that. I wish I could tell you some good, fun memories, but they were few and far between...outside of a few close friends, I really didn't do much besides hang out and stuff. I wasn't too much of a troublemaker. Got into a few fights here and there, and kissed a couple of pretty (out of my league) girls, but nothing crazy...those stories don't occur until after high school.

Speaking of which, let's let the next prompt be, "Well, after we left the Keystone Bar and Grill...", and you'll get a way more entertaining entry out of me, and that is a fact.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Yeah, I can relate to this. Substitute Iron Maiden for the Beastie Boys, and it's pretty close.



VITAL STATS:

*Cart* Well, any day you can drive your boss only a little crazy and not really get yelled at means work was only alright. But I'll take it.

*Screw* Never confuse me with being any kind of handyman. I can do the basics, but that's about it. And by basics, I mean putting tape on the corners of posters and hanging them on a wall. Plumbing? Yeah, that requires more than my knowledge allows. The toilet wouldn't flush, so I got it to flush, but then it wouldn't stop running. My solution? Shut the water to it at the pipe and wait for someone who knows how to fix it to come home. I know, ladies...I'm a keeper. *Wink*

Alright yo, I've gotta move on with my day. There's two kids on the other side of the basement playing some crazy video game with shooting and loudness and WTF!! So I now need to drown them out by rockin' some beats loud while catching up on the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. Wish me luck. Ironically, both videos I checked out for this entry came with ads at the beginning playing some really irritating country music...maybe I'll get my noise-cancelling Sony cans out, cover my ears, and blast that on loop from Youtube. Sounds like a plan! Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755327-This-ones-about-to-go-old-school