*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755587-One-of-six-billion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#755587 added June 25, 2012 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
One of six billion
Monday, June 25, 2012, Day 25 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Ponder the spectre of yourself as one human being in the over six billion people on Earth. We are so minute as to be nonexistent. And yet, we have the power to visualize, to imagine the entirety of the cosmos. In your journal, write about a popular movie, that most would know, and tell us what you would have changed, and why


one of six billion
visualizing the cosmos
life as we know it

It’s been a long time since I saw a movie. I’m trying to think about the title of the last movie I saw. I think it was one of the Lord of the Ring movies. It doesn’t matter because I wouldn’t change anything about most of the movies I’ve seen. Once I get into the movie, I sit there and enjoy the spectacle. I prefer movies with special effects. I prefer science fiction or fantasy movies. I prefer horror movies.

one of six billion
not so lonely any more
brothers and sisters

I sometimes wonder about life on other planets. I believe planets surround every star. I believe there is life of some type on most or all of those planets. I believe that life can take many forms. I know there is no scientific basis to some of these beliefs, but that may be because we are only at the beginning of exploring the universe and discovering the laws that govern the universe.

one of six billion
humanity is one race
Earth is its birthplace

Humanity, the human race, is on the verge of a great adventure. An adventure that will change the way we view our universe and ourselves. Most people either don’t realize or don’t want to think about what is happening to us in this present stage of our social evolution. The stresses and battles occurring in the present will forge humanity into the single race it was intended to become. Eventually, humanity will find a way to repair the damage we have caused our planet. Eventually, humanity will leave Earth and find a way to colonize all the planets of our system.

one of six billion
we learn to love each other
respect differences

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755587-One-of-six-billion