*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755676-To-Ink-or-Not-to-Ink-that-is-the-question
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#755676 added June 27, 2012 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
To Ink or Not to Ink that is the question
Wednesday, June 27, 2012, Day 27 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Tattoos are getting a great deal of publicity lately. Do you have one? If so, describe it and why you chose it. If not, would you consider getting one? Why or why not? What would it represent and where on your body would you be inked?


I’ve never been inked
I’ve seen beautiful tattoos
I’ve seen weird tattoos

Do I have a tattoo? No. Would I consider getting a tattoo? Yes, I would consider it. I’ve seen some beautiful and well-done tattoos. I don’t think there is anything wrong with body art. It’s just another way for the individual to express him or herself.

Tattoos do have a bad reputation, but it isn’t the tattoos that are the problem it’s the individuals wearing them and the type of tattoos those individual’s chose. I think that some individuals should cover their tattoos up simply because of the type of tattoos with which they chose to adorn themselves.

I did see an interesting ... an offensive ... tattoo once. It was when I worked in a laundromat. It was a hot summer’s day in Las Vegas and a guy came into the laundromat to wash his clothes. He wasn’t wearing a shirt and everyone could see his body art. His back was covered from waist to just below the neck, with the depiction of a human hand giving the world the finger.

I’ve lived in Las Vegas long enough to know that when you encounter things you wouldn’t see in any other city, you just smile and go on with your business. If what is going on is illegal, then you call the police, but otherwise just smile and hope that whatever is occurring is not happening in the middle of the street and frightening the cars.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755676-To-Ink-or-Not-to-Ink-that-is-the-question