*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756041-A-Wider-Concept-of-Patriotism
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#756041 added July 3, 2012 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
A Wider Concept of Patriotism
Tuesday, July 3, 2012 ~ Month 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is "Patriotism by Wordsmitty ✍️


Humanity is in the process of social and cultural change. The planet is moving from a culture of nation-states to a world culture. Everything about our society and culture is evolving including the concept of patriotism. The concept of patriotism is evolving to embrace love of humanity and love of the planet.

The nations of earth are as interconnected as the trees of a red wood forest. Each tree sends it roots down and out. The roots embrace each other and nurture each other. This is what the nations of Earth will eventually do, but first humanity will have to go through a period of stress and change. Today, we live in that stage of stress, change, and cultural evolution.

At the grass roots level, new concepts of planetary unity and patriotism are replacing the old concepts of national unity and patriotism. Earth is becoming one country and humanity one race. The problem is that this process of change scares the shit out of many people because it requires the individual to put aside or overcome prejudices of race, religion, nation, gender, etc. It does not require that the individual give up love of country, it just requires the individual to widen the concept patriotism to include the entire planet and the human race.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756041-A-Wider-Concept-of-Patriotism