*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756345-Survival-of-the-fittest-or-the-most-determined
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#756345 added July 9, 2012 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
Survival of the fittest or the most determined
Day, Month #, 2012 ~ Month 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE initiating prompt is Survival of the fittest or the most determined by Prosperous Snow celebrating


I watched the video, a pride of lions in pursuit of a herd of Cape buffalo. The lions attack a calf, took it down and then lions with their prey fell into the river. The lions attempted to pull the calf from the river, when a crocodile (an opportunistic predator) took one of the calf’s legs in his mouth. The tug of war began.

The lions (not wanting to give up their dinner) continue to pull the calf onto the riverbank while the crocodile pulled the opposite direction. Eventually, the crocodile gave up and the lions pulled the calf onto the bank. One would think this was the end of the story, the lions have their dinner and the Cape buffalo are missing one calf.

The herd of buffalo return and the lead bull attacks the lions. He carries one lion away from the calf and then returns to attack the other lions. The lions out numbered and endanger of losing their lives to the horns of an extremely angry Cape buffalo give up the calf. The calf got up and rejoined the herd.

Did the calf eventually died because of its encounter with hungry lions and an opportunistic crocodile? The calf appeared to be unharmed when it rejoined the herd. I like to think the calf is still alive as determined to survive as the Cape buffalo bull was determined to save it.

Emergency Prompt: Listen carefully, a distant thunder echoes...

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756345-Survival-of-the-fittest-or-the-most-determined