*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756484-To-type-or-not-to-type
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#756484 added July 10, 2012 at 9:40pm
Restrictions: None
To type or not to type
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is With the new age of technology including computers, many writers no longer handwrite. Do you prefer to type or handwrite? Is one or the other more inspiring? Tell me why by Emily


To type or not to type
That is the question:
Do I type or do I write?

The answer to this question is not a straightforward yes or no, my answer to this question is it depends on the situation and the time constraints. Sometimes I sit down at the computer and start typing away. Sometimes I use a pen and paper journal to begin a story, write a poem and then finish, or rewrite when I sit down at the computer.

Yesterday, I began "The Carpet Layer and the Kitten in my pen and paper journal. This morning, I sit down at the computer and finished the story before posting it to "Snow Scribbles [18+]. The reason I began this story in my pen and paper journal was inspiration and time constrains. This story is the response to a prompt. I got the inspiration (idea) for the response while I was taking care of my mother yesterday morning. In addition, I had a meeting to go to yesterday and didn’t have time to sit down at the computer. I used the pen and paper journal to write most of the story yesterday between everything. This morning, I sit down at the computer and then finished the story, so that I could post it today.

Which method is more inspiring? The answer to this question depends on a number of things. Sometimes sitting down at the computer and looking out my living room window is more inspiring. I can watch the clouds move across the sky, watch the wind blow through the neighbors trees, or watch raindrops falling on my cement driveway without going outside and dealing with the elements. Sometimes I want to deal with the elements. At those times I can take a pen and a journal go to a park, a restaurant, or out onto my patio and write in long hand.

The method that is more inspiring depends on the weather. If there is an extreme heat warning in Las Vegas then I prefer my inspiration to remain indoors. If it is early spring, late fall, or winter then I go outdoors for my inspiration.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756484-To-type-or-not-to-type