*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756721-An-A-to-Z
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#756721 added July 15, 2012 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
An A to Z
I pinched this idea from lindamv after reading her interesting list on Wordpress. So thanks to her and I hope you'll maybe give it a go too.


A to Z of places I've been.  

A - America.  Land of my birth and still so much more I'd love to see.

B - Barnsley. A very underrated town in Yorkshire where I spent three eventful and generally happy years at college attempting to train to be a teacher. The people there are lovely, salt of the earth types.  In more recent years I've acquired a special friend who lives there too. *Wink*

C - Corfu, Greece.  My first foreign holiday with the love of my life who is sadly no longer on the mortal plain.. Happy memories indeed.

D - Death's door. Without sounding overly dramatic there have been at least five occasions when I could have been a gonner through accidents and illness.  I try to keep my distance from that particular exit these days. .

E - Everglades.  Sounded great in theory.  My Dad said it was just a load of mud and crocodiles. My Dad wasn't far wrong.

F - Folkestone, Kent.  Many happy childhood memories of holidays spent there with my Aunt and Uncle, sadly no longer with us. My sis and I hope to revisit before too long.

G - Grand Canyon. One of my favourite trips in the USA. Stunning and very interesting. I'd love to return one day.

H - Hell and back. Many times. Haunting memories I wish I could erase, but at least I can say I survived.

I -Isle of Wight.  My favourite holiday place in England which has been visited by all my family up until 2008. We hope to go again and introduce Dylan to this quaint and beautiful island.

J - Jersey. Both the Channel islands version and the New one in the USA. Both are naturally beautiful and places I'd like to see again.

K - Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. Where I've lived for over thirty years and a place I've grown to hate.  If only I could just airlift my house to another local place starting with N. Newark is where I'd move tomorrow.

L - London. Many times, many different areas, but I still love it.

M - Menorca. One of the biggest surprises of our travels.  Booked just for a quick break, but far exceeded my expectations.  A beautiful, unspoiled and very relaxing Spanish island. I'd happily keep a second home there if I won the Lottery.

N - Niagara Falls.  Breathtaking.  Somewhere I'll never forget.

O - Ojai. Where to start? A few days spent in paradise at Nada 's beautiful ranch high in the mountains of Ojai in 2009. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

P -Portugal. Gorgeous weather, fabulous beaches, lovely people and a holiday I really enjoyed with friends back in 2006.

Q - Queen Mary Two. I can't believe I've crossed the Atlantic four times on this fantastic vessel. But I'm so pleased I have. I love life at sea.

R - Rhodes. My first holiday abroad in 2005 after decades of visiting English resorts. Loved its history, heat, scenery and ouzo.

S - San Francisco. One of the weirdest places I've ever been, but fascinating into the bargain. I'd take warm clothes another time however.

T - Tunisia. The only time I've visited Africa and much as the climate and beaches are lovely, I don't think I'd want to return. Too much poverty and cruelty.

U - Under pressure. Too often for my liking.

V - Vegas. Brassy, trashy and wrong, but so atmospheric and intriguing. Would love to take my gals there for a week of fun.

W - Wimbledon. Home of the tennis tournament and holds so many memories for me.

X  - X Rated. Not telling you.  So there *Pthb*

Y - York. Historic and lively, it's my sort of city. The New one in the USA ain't bad either.

Z - Zante aka Zakynthos. Gorgeous Greek island, but then they all are in my humble opinion. Good both of its names start with Z for this list.

So, where have you travelled to on an A to Z basis and what memories do you have?




© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756721-An-A-to-Z