*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757148-Night-Noises-indoors-and-out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#757148 added July 24, 2012 at 1:13am
Restrictions: None
Night Noises indoors and out
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE initiating blog prompt Night Noises indoors and out by Prosperous Snow celebrating


It is after 9:00 pm in Las Vegas. I sit at my computer and listen to night noises. I can hear the refrigerator and the air conditioning unit going on and off randomly. I hear the fan in my mother’s room. I am listening for my mother.

I am listening for Mom.
I am listening for my name.
I am listening for crying.

Earlier in the evening Mom was crying, but she could not tell me why. I think she must have had a bad dream. When I went to check on her, I took her last pill of the day with me. She took it without any difficulty. This time of night, she usually takes her medication without any trouble or making any faces.

I do not hear any noises from outside. Earlier in the day, I heard the grumble of thunder, but the clouds have passed. It rained a little bit in scattered Las Vegas neighborhoods. It could still rain tonight, but I doubt it will rain very much.

I like to listen to the sound of rain at night. It is soothing and lulls me to sleep, but tonight the only noises I hear are in the house. I do not hear the neighbor’s dog barking, so they must have taken him or her into the house. They do not leave the dog out in the rain or in the hot sun.

I suppose I should check the front screen door to make sure I locked it. I always lock it and then I check it again before going to bed to make sure I locked it. I open the inside door, so that I can look onto the porch before checking the screen door.

This neighborhood is quiet. Las Vegas seems quiet tonight. I do not hear sirens or the distant echoes of gunshots. I have gotten used to the periodic echoes of gunshots. They are never close, so I do not worry about opening the door and looking out into the front yard. Living in Las Vegas, one can hear some weird noises at night.

EMERGENCY PROMPT: Favorite midnight snack.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757148-Night-Noises-indoors-and-out