*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757351-Stopping-the-Invasion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#757351 added July 27, 2012 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Stopping the Invasion
Friday, July 27, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is How would you protect your family during a zombie invasion? by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping


I am a firm believer in prayer.
I believe that God answers prayers.
I believe that God answers urgent prayers first.
I also believe that God expects me to “tie up my camel”. That is God expects me to be prepared.

I have an alarm system that speaks. If the front door or backdoor opens, the system says, “Front door open” or “Back door open”. I have lights lit all night on the patio. I have a light lit all night on the front porch. I sleep with my cell phone with in arms reach at all times. I have gardening tools that will take the head off a zombie, but I am not sure how well they would work against other lethal creatures. I am probably as prepared as a 65-year-old woman can be, at least one who has no intention of going to a sporting goods store and buying a projectile weapon of any type.

I suspect that the zombie invasion is a ruse, a ploy to conceal the real danger. It is not the zombies or anything we know about that we have to worry about or prepare for. Whatever the coming invasion it is something that is so far off the wall that no one, in or out of her or his right mind, would worry about or consider dangerous.

Therefore, the only way to prepare is to keep plenty of non-perishable food items on hand. Hold firm to prayer and faith. Keep a cell phone nearby. Always vary the route you take from home and back. Make sure the car has a full tank of gas, good tires, and a real spare, with the equipment to change a flat properly.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757351-Stopping-the-Invasion