*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757399-Give-credit-where-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#757399 added July 28, 2012 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Give credit where ...
Saturday, July 28, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is "Give credit where ... by Wordsmitty ✍️


The rich get richer,
the poor get poorer,
and the banks give credit to both.
The banks just charge the poor more.

That does not seem fair to me. Not that anything in life is fair, especially in a consumer society. Still if one is going to charge somebody more for credit, it should be the ones who can afford to pay more instead of those who are living from paycheck to paycheck praying that the next rental or mortgage does not mean that they have to make the choice between feeding themselves and/or their children/pets.

All though, now that I think about it maybe we do not live in a consumer society, the consumer society idea could be just a propaganda tactic by the rich to make poor people think that they a getting something when really the only thing they are doing is making the rich richer.

I am not sure I planned to make this a rant. However, it is Saturday. It has been a long day and I have been depressed all week. I got depressed when I paid the power bill, which was over $200. I still have the water bill to pay and the trash collection bill to pay. The water bill used to be less then $10 and now it is more then $20. There are also other bills I have to pay, most of which is the result of credit, which brings me to another part of the rant.

If you pay the credit on time then you pay only interest and on the money barrowed. However, if you get behind because you have to leave the work force for some reason or you are on a fixed income (which I believe is a misnomer I think the term should be broken income) then they tack a late charge. If you make your payment early, they do not give you a bonus for making the payment early. You do not even get a bonus for paying off a loan or other type of credit early.

Then there is the money you spend of gas or other types of transportation to go across town to make a payment in cash. The reason you drive across town in the first place it to keep from paying an exorbitant amount to make a phone payment or debit card payment.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757399-Give-credit-where-