*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757572-Julys-Best-Prompt
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#757572 added July 31, 2012 at 5:34pm
Restrictions: None
July’s Best Prompt
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 ~ July 2012 Unofficial: FOLLOW ME BLOGGING CHALLENGE prompt is Whom do you think gave the best Prompts this month, and why? by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping


After pondering this for half-a-day and driving back and forth across Las Vegas in the rain, I think the best prompt for July is What is the best gift you have given? What is the best gift you have received? by Emily . The main reason for this is that it caused me to look at the gifts I have given and received over the years.

Another reason I think it is the best prompt in July is that I am still thinking about the prompt even after I finished responding to it yesterday. It brought back some fond memories of gifts I received over the years. Some of those gifts I still have and some were lost among the moves I have made. Some of the gifts I played with or wore until there was nothing left. Others I gave to the needy when I out grew them or did not use them any more.

What is there to say?
Gifts are treasured and stored away,
but sometime regifting
is a double gift given to self
and others.

As I said, I am still thinking about that prompt this afternoon. The more I think about it the more memories return. My Grandma Newland kept every gift anyone ever gave her. Some of the gifts she used and some she just put away and did not use them. I am not sure why because I never ask her. I do know that I am more inclined to regift items that I cannot or do not use, but Mom save all sorts of gifts, which I am now in the process of regifting to charities.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757572-Julys-Best-Prompt