*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757870-rapunzel
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1880403
My writings for the Scribblers Unite! activity.
#757870 added August 5, 2012 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
rapunzel
PROMPT: You are alone in a tower like Rapunzel. What and what not would you do?


I don't think I could sit around waiting for someone to rescue me as I grow my hair out, that's for sure. Mostly because (1) I'm too impatient to wait around for someone to come rescue me, and (2) because I just don't look very good with long hair. I would, however, probably spend almost every waking moment trying to figure out a way to get out of that damned tower. I've given this a lot of thought, and I figure my best options for escape boil down to one of the following:

1. Take up animal navigation as a hobby and befriend pigeons, butterflies, and any other avian creatures that could carry a message to the outside world and bring someone back to save me.

2. Become adept at rock climbing. There are some crazy good rock climber who can scale sheer rock faces by finding the little grooves and spaces in between. Assuming I had a brick and mortar tower, perhaps I could teach myself to climb down. Perhaps.

3. Smoke signal. This might be a somewhat ill-advised plan (and therefore probably a last resort), but if I could figure out a way to actually set my tower on fire - maybe just the roof, if possible, nearby people might see the smoke and come investigate. Ideally before I've burned to death.

I suppose, since the first of these three options is a little far-fetched (and the other two involve considerable risk to life and limb), I should probably have some kind of a backup plan. And I suppose that means I should grow out my hair, just in case. But if that must be done, the first place I'm going after I get out of that infernal tower is a good barbershop.

© Copyright 2012 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757870-rapunzel