*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760606-Iced-tea
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1880403
My writings for the Scribblers Unite! activity.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#760606 added September 13, 2012 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
Iced tea
PROMPT:It is summer and you are sitting on your porch/patio sipping a cold glass of your favorite beverage. Describe the beverage you are drinking, how it makes you feel on a hot summer day, and memories it holds for you.


My favorite cold beverage is iced tea. Despite the fact that a certain other Scribbler who I won't mention by name says it tastes like feet, when made properly, I love the complex flavors of a really good iced tea. Black or some kind of fruity combination is just fine with me, poured into a glass filled with so much ice that it's only a matter of minutes before beads of condensation start sweating from the side of the glass.

I haven't always been a fan of tea, but since I don't drink coffee or alcohol, I find that tea fills that adult need in me for a complex, nuanced drink. Depending on what kind of tea leaves you use, how long you steep them, how much sweetener you add, you can literally spend your entire life not ever having the exact same glass of iced tea. Soda, milk, water, lemonade, etc. feel very one-note to me. There are times when they sound great and refreshing, and other times where they feel plain and boring. I could always drink a glass of iced tea.

And the best part... if it's winter and freezing cold outside, I can always nix the ice and still enjoy my tea! *Bigsmile*

(To clarify, I'm not talking about premade teas like Nestea or Lipton. I'm talking about good teas, the kind you get from quality blends that you steep in hot water and then pour over ice. In fact, I think I'm going to go make myself some right now... *Laugh*)

© Copyright 2012 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760606-Iced-tea