*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757888-Karaoke-anyone-Not-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#757888 added August 5, 2012 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
Karaoke anyone? Not me!
ME:

Got up, showered. Needed to get to Kafé de la casa by 10:00. Got there around 11:00. I was mentioned as one of two new members of the writer's group. I also was introduced to present my idea about workshops. Don't ask what I said ...I had to wing it in Spanish. *ouch*

At 12 ...ish we ate (casado con pollo y una ensalada de repollo). Got a good picture. Alice M. Quirós Sánchez presented her first book, stories about a Costa Rican family, Estanquillo. Her family was present to support her as a couple stories were read out loud. I got my copy signed.

Alice is older than me! She payed for everything too. My inspiration... *Heart*

I wrote something during the meeting...

...in Spanish. But, the idea was someone singing (think karaoke) "Guantanamera". So:

What did the priest feel?
What did the wife think?
What did the son say?
What did the step-mother do?
How about the pet?
What did the mosquito whisper?
What did the cow write in her book?
How was the tripe soup after?
What was the opinion of the flower that blooms just one day?

It warped from there. I read it to my friend Johnny and his father, neither of whom are literary. They liked it! Laughed even. I need to rewrite, edit and maybe translate, have it ready by Friday.

It may seem sheer silliness but random prompts and odd connections can force a writer to go where he/she would NEVER go. And this is good for the creative juices. Freshly squeezed ...with or without ice.

Other ideas:

Watching the diving: "Pike position"... I have a friend with that name, also the word "pike" has various meanings. What "positions" would my friend get into? Hmmmmm... Gotta be creative, maybe blush a bit. Kamasutra here I come. *Laugh*

Queen Betty: She's the queen of Matina (a future or alternate Costa Rica that is divided into kingdoms ...all run by women). "Little" Betty (her mother's nickname for her) is BIG, brown and brassy. She makes Boy George look like a still-life in black and white. Larger than life itself.

Albert: el conejito rosado (the pink bunny). Loves garlic, is truthful to a fault, doesn't have a clue when it comes to colors. I like him already.

It's *Sun* and I'm doing okay. *Smile*
32.622

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757888-Karaoke-anyone-Not-me