*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758106-Random-Thoughts-a-piece-on-Murder
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#758106 added August 8, 2012 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
Random Thoughts: a piece on Murder
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 ~ Day 8 of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "How about a piece on Murder?"


"How about a piece on Murder?" A piece that is my interpretation of the prompt that doesn’t have to be an opinion piece and can’t be fiction. Therefore, I will write my random thought on the subject.

MurderRedrum


This is the first thing that comes to mind and I know it came from a movie, but I’m not sure of the title. In fact, I’m not even sure if I watched the entire movie. If I saw it on television, then I know I didn’t because I was probably channel surfing at the same time.

This is the wonderful thing about the invention of the remote control. I can watch a scary movie on television and when it gets to the bloody part I can change channels; if I remember two things (1) where I put the remote and (2) to put fresh batteries in it.

Screaming bloody murder


I’ve often used the term screaming bloody murder, but I didn’t know what it meant until my Mother’s Alzheimer’s disease got worse. One morning, the C.N.A. was giving Mom her shower and Mom screamed bloody murder. Mom screamed, “You’re killing me!” so loudly that one of the neighbors heard and called the police.

Mass Murder in the news


We (myself or every other human being in the world) aren’t safe anywhere. It doesn’t matter if we go to a theater to see a movie, to our house of worship to pray, to a political rally, or to our place of business. We aren’t even safe in our own homes. I’m not being paranoid here, there isn’t any safety from the murderer determined to commit murder.

Since there is not safety, I have to suck it up, go out into the world, and conduct business as usual. I can say a prayer of protection when I get up each morning, before I back my car out of the garage, and before I go to bed each night. I can lock all my car doors while driving. I can lock all the doors and windows in my house before I go to bed. I can keep my cell phone charged and within easy reach. I can be aware of my surroundings, but I can’t protect myself from random violence.

I can watch the people around me. I can notice the individuals who act odd or weird. I also know that 99.9% of the time those aren’t the people I have to worry about. It’s the normal appearing John Doe or Jane Doe that are the most dangerous and the most likely to cause mayhem which results in murder.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758106-Random-Thoughts-a-piece-on-Murder