*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758166-Gorilla-Art-or-Vandalism
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#758166 added August 9, 2012 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Gorilla Art or Vandalism
Thursday, August 9, 2012 ~ Day 9 of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Opinion Piece - Write about the biggest news story on your local news channel today. Give us your opinion on whatever the news story is."


Frightened drivers dialed 911 when they saw the billboards along Interstate 15. Hanging, by a noose, from each of the billboards was a life-like dummy. The message painted on one of the billboards was “Hope you’re happy Wall St.” and from the other “Dying for work”. As soon as possible, the authorities or the companies owning the billboards removed the pseudo human corpses and the messages.

Who painted the messages and hung the dummies? No one knows or if they do they’re not talking. Is this gorilla art or vandalism? It depends on your point of view. Are these billboards dangerous? I have driven I15 during rush hour traffic and something like this could distract a driver enough to cause a traffic accident.

I know the artist-vandal who created the billboards wanted to send a message. This type of message could cause traffic accidents and death on I15 especially at the speed cars travel that rout during rush hour or any other time of the day or night. I15 is high-speed nonstop traffic, unless there is an accident. Accidents on I15 result in casualties and sometimes death. Interstate 15 is not a safe place to put this type of political message.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/story/Billboard-with-dummy-on-noose-shocks-V...

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer



© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758166-Gorilla-Art-or-Vandalism