*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758734-Pissed-because-I-lost-my-entry-when-the-power-went-out
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#758734 added August 16, 2012 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
Pissed because I lost my entry when the power went out.
Doing stats...

ME:

At facebook:

Pissed because I lost my entry when the power went out. Lots of work to re-enter links. Lots of work ahead to re-enter links. Lots of work. The gist of the entry was that writer's don't seem to be interested in creating communities. Communities don't exist without communication and support. For a writer it's nice to have virtual friends in other countries but better to have readers, the best are readers that actually comment. So I'm blessed. Most of my WDC friends actually comment here at fb (and I've met quite a few too). They do not necessarily read or comment on my blog entries though... *Frown*

Once-upon-a-time there was a place called Blogville. It's now a ghost town. Blog-ring challenges at WDC aren't working well either. Folks forget to write (writers that don't write? It's like a cook that doesn't cook... an oxymoron) and haven't grasped the concept of commenting on each other's blogs.

Unfortunately my Montana friends rarely comment at-all. Out-of-sight = out-of-mind. I'll be seeing them soon though. Family? Friends from years ago? That's a joke. Have one friend from Kansas who keeps in touch and one from New York. Somehow I'm invisible... LOL.

Hard to build relationships here in Costa Rica by-the-way. People are friendly but in a shallow way unless they adopt you. Family is first, second, third and last here. I know how to "work it". But it's work. I need to spend a few months more here. Ack ...I really want to travel...

Thanks to anyone who has read this bit of a rant... Be glad I need to get to market... I could rant more.


My best rated items here:

A poll: "Hermaphrodite exposed at death. with over 6,493 views and 95 responses!
Poetry: "Zmitri, "'heart's home', "Sentinel

Alas, these are the only items that have a 4.8 or 4.7 over-all rating.

"Speak soft my name: 176 ratings/reviews from 1,744 views. A 4.6 rating overall; 5 are 3.0 or below
"I, Katrina: 90 ratings/reviews from 763 views. A 4.6 overall; 2 are 3.0 or below.
"First drum set: 146 ratings/reviews from 1,519 views. A 4.3 overall; 10 are 3.0 or below.

The problem with over 50 ratings is that there is a tendency to approach 4.5 or 4.0 or even below or worse ...how everyone else has rated it ...which is why I prefer not to share the ratings. A couple 2.5s means that the overall rating will struggle to stay above water. Very few readers will read 10 items from one reader and rate them "internally". A 2.0 is either a hate-rating, ignorance or a tough reviewer (which I don't mind). 3.0s tend to come from newbies. None of the three above is "average" or below by WDC standards. The world of publishing has different standards of course and frankly, it's up to the editor's whim many times.

My blog stats...

I'll leave those for another time. The big picture is that blogging everyday on two blogs and reading blogs has upped my stats. But they aren't nothing like it was during the hey-day of Blogville.

I've been following the 30-day challenge by posting in my old blog: "L'aura del Campo.
33.252

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758734-Pissed-because-I-lost-my-entry-when-the-power-went-out