*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760851-Sunday-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#760851 added September 16, 2012 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday, Sunday
Sunday in Las Vega


Somewhere in Las Vegas people are outside and having fun. They are eating, they are play sports, they are walking up and down t he Las Vegas Strip. I am home typing this and watching my mother eat her chicken and green beans. This morning I made her a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich and then made me a peanut butter and strawberry preserves sandwich. I apparently got either grape jelly or strawberry preserves in my hair because every time I touch my forehead my hands get sticky and I have to go to the bathroom to wash them. I have no idea how I manged that, unfortunately, I cannot wash my hair until Mom goes to bed.

Mom had an interesting morning. She wanted to know where her shoes were and began crying because she could not find them. Mom has not worn her shoes in a couple of weeks because of water retention. Her legs are not swollen as bad today, so the water pills are working and Mom's blood pressure is in acceptable range (at least for now). She also cried because she did not know where her clothes were; I told her they were in the closet and that seemed to satisfy her.

Mom seems to be walking better and she can hold herself up, as long as she has the walker, longer now that her legs are less swollen. I know the water pills are a permanent addition to her medication. The problem is sometimes she has difficulty swallowing the potassium tablets she had to take with them. I will have to find out if they can be ground up, if they can then that will make it easier for her to swallow. I see Mom has finished her lunch, so I have to get her some more watter; perhaps this time I will get her two glass or rather plastic tumblers. I do not give Mom glass glasses any more because of t he breakage potential and the fact that I do not wear shoes in the house.

I am tired. I wish I was out walking in a park or even on the Las Vegas Strip. I have not been anywhere on Saturday of Sunday in over a year. I miss not being able to go out on those days. However, since I do not have anyone to stay with Mom (who can take her to the bathroom or dispense her meds) I will not go any place on the weekends for a while. Oh well, that's life (and not the magazine).




© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760851-Sunday-Sunday