*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760919-A-short-and-sleepless-night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#760919 added September 17, 2012 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
A short and sleepless night
I was a short and sleepless night. I didn't have insomnia, at least I don't think that was part of the problem. Due to my mismanagement of my time, I didn't get to bed until about 11:30 PM. The precisely at 12:00 AM, I heard my mother calling my name and crying. I went into her bedroom to investigate the problem and found she wanted to get up. Mom has more difficulty getting because the side of the side of the bed she usually gets up on is against the wall. This prevents her from getting up by herself and falling on the floor.

Mom wanted to get up, so I asked her if she wanted to go to the bathroom, but Mom said no to that question. I explained to her that it was the middle of the night and not time to get out of bed. I finally got her to stop crying and go back to sleep; at least, I think she went to sleep. At about, 1:30 AM a repeat of the above and then again at 2:30 and 3:30. At 4:30, when I heard her crying again I got her up, dressed, which took about 45 minutes, and brought her into the living room.

Needless to say I got very little if any sleep. Oddly enough, I don't feel sleepy; I'm tired, but I don't want to go to sleep. I don't want to go to the store either. Actually, I'm afraid to go to the store because there is the possibility of me falling asleep behind the wheel and I don't want that to happen. I'll stay home today. I need stuff from the supermarket; however, I'm not going to take the chance of falling asleep while I'm driving. Right now, I think I'll post this and find me something to eat. All I've had this morning is coffee.


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760919-A-short-and-sleepless-night