*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761177-Autumnal-Equinox-2012
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#761177 added September 20, 2012 at 10:29pm
Restrictions: None
Autumnal Equinox 2012
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 10:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time the sun crosses the celestial equator. On September 22, the day and the night are equal. It is fall in the Northern Hemisphere. The Autumnal Equinox always brings back fond memories of my childhood about harvesting my Grandfather's garden.

*Leaf*


Autumn in Oklahoma is beautiful. It isn't like Autumn in Nevada, not that Autumn in Nevada isn't beautiful. The Autumn beauty in Nevada is a different type of beauty then in Oklahoma, but perhaps each state has it's own special Autumn beauty.

*Leafy* *Leaf2y*


I remember Autumn in Oklahoma!
I remember looking out the window and watching
the Cottonwood tree in my Grandparent's yard
change from green to gold.

*Leafr* *Leaf2r*


In Nevada, especially in the Las Vegas area, if I want to see the trees change color I have to go into the mountains. It's in the mountains that the first freeze occurs, which is the cause of a tree's new Autumn dress. Sometimes we get a freeze in the Las Vegas valley, but not until closer to the New Year. The trees in the valley remain green longer and it just doesn't feel like Autumn without colored leaves.

*Leafo* *Leaf2o*


Oh well, I guess I'll just have to figure out a way the produce that Autumn feeling without leaves changing colors. Another way is to harvest a garden crop, but I didn't plant a garden this year. It wouldn't have did my any good to plant a garden because I have a brown thumb. Plants don't respond to me the way the did to my Grandparent's. I attempted a garden several years ago and it didn't grow well. I don't do well with flowers either, actually I do great with plastic flowers, but it's the living ones I can't grow.

*Leafbr* *Leaf2br*


I just had a weird thought about the change of color in the leaves. Perhaps I could figure out a way to dye the leaves on the tree. If I had the power to dye the leaves on the trees would it make Autumn in Las Vegas feel more like Fall? I doubt it because there is just something about watching the leaves change color in the fall that generates the feeling of Autumn.

*Leafg* *Leaf2g*






© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761177-Autumnal-Equinox-2012