*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761090-Weary-Wednesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#761090 added September 19, 2012 at 1:26pm
Restrictions: None
Weary Wednesday
It is Wednesday. It is hump day. It is trash collection day in my neighborhood. It is the day I had planned to go to the grocery store because I need to get several things, but I just do not have the energy or the motivation to get out of the house.

I did not get up until 5:15 this morning, thus I was late getting Mom up, making coffee, and rolling the trashcan to the curb. I got up, realized what time it was and then took my thyroid pill (I think; I can't remember whether or not I took the pill and so I can't take one because I might have taken that pill). When I went into Mom's room, I found the hospital bed completely raised and I couldn't get it lowered (if I can't lower it I can't get her out of bed safely). I unplugged the cord from the extension cord and plugged the bed into another outlet; it still didn't work. I called the hospice and they contacted the company that oversees the care of the equipment. Before the company called me back, I unplugged the extension cord and plugged the bed into that outlet. This time the bed worked. Apparently the problem was the extension cord and the fact that I had difficulty plugging the bed into the other outlet.

Anyway, I finally got Mom up and dressed. It was about 6:00 when I finally got Mom into the living room. Then I had to convince her to swallow her meds and get her something to eat. By the I accomplished that, it was after 6:30 and still no coffee made. I went into the kitchen, made the coffee and then decided I should go out at get the morning newspaper, by this time it was after 7:00. When I went outside, I noticed that the neighbors had put out their trash (it is supposed to be out between 6:30 and 7:00 AM). I rolled my trashcan to the curb and then picked up my morning paper.

Sometime this morning, between the time I got up and went out for the newspaper, I turned my other computer on so that the virus scan could run. I don't know what time I turned it on and, at this point, I don't care. All I do know is that it's taken more then an hour to run the scan. It's now about 10:20 AM Pacific Time. I drank three or four cups of coffee, I haven't eaten and I haven't taken a bath. I also haven't checked the bank accounts. I'm not ready to go to the store. I don't want to go to the store. I have to purchase some trash bags, so I have to go to the store sometime today. If I don't get to the store before 2:00 PM then I have to wait until after Kris comes about 3:00, in which case I will go to the Ninety-Nine Cent store because it's closest to the house and I have t he cash in my purse.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761090-Weary-Wednesday