*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761800-I-began-the-NaNoWriMo-Challenge-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#761800 added October 1, 2012 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
I began the NaNoWriMo Challenge today
I began the October NaNoWriMo challenge today. This is only the first do, so I am not discouraged or upset. This is also the first day of October and I have other things to do online plus balance my September books. I do not know how long it will take to balance the books, but I suspect it will take longer then I want it to. Oh well, I am not a C.P.A. I use Excel spreadsheets to keep track my finances and it is not the spreadsheets that give me the most difficulty when I am "doing the books".

The truth is I would much rather write then keep financial books. Unfortunately, in life one has to do many things they do not like or want to do in order to survive and keep one's head above water. I took a college class with a girl onetime. I do not remember the subject class discussion, but I do remember her comment during the discussion. She proudly announced to the class that "I never do anything I do not want to do!" I did not say anything because she was obviously just out of her parents house and high school (I hope no one takes offense to that statement), but the "girl" was a bit naive to think you could live on the planet Earth and survive in society without doing things you do not want to do.

I learn before I even left home that in order to have a half-way pleasant life you sometimes have to go out in the rain even when you want stay inside. That is just part of life. I do not know what happened to her and I am not sure I want to know. I do hope she found some nice young man who would give her the opportunity to never have to do anything she did not want to do; however, fate and God have a sense of humor and when a person makes a statement containing the words never and do in one sentence, the person usually end up doing whatever it was they would never do.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761800-I-began-the-NaNoWriMo-Challenge-today