*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762387-Columbus-Day-2012
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#762387 added October 8, 2012 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
Columbus Day 2012
It is Monday evening, Columbus Day 2012. Mom is in bed and I hope asleep, at least I don't hear her crying or calling my name. This morning, I had to call the paramedics to put Mom in the wheelchair after she slipped out of bed. For some reason she just couldn't stand up and every time she sit back down on the bed she got closer to the edge. I had put the Gate belt around her, so I was able to lower her to the floor when she missed sitting down on the bed.

It is the second Monday in October, the day that we commemorate the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus. It is just another Monday for me because I don't see any reason to commemorate Columbus' voyage in 1492. When I was a child and going to grade school there seemed to be a reason to commemorate the day, but I can't remember the reason. We didn't get out of school, we learned about Columbus and read about his voyage. I think it was one of those days when somebody served special treats, maybe that's why I remember the day so fondly. Because someone served chocolate cupcakes on Columbus Day.

It is Columbus Day 2012 and the holiday season has started. The stores are full of Halloween costumes and candy. On October 31, the daycare center Mom attends is having a Halloween Party and Mom has to wear a costume. When I go to the grocery store tomorrow, I will see what type of costumes they have. Maybe I can find some sort of mask or Halloween makeup for her to wear. I'm not sure a mask would be a good idea because I doubt Mom would keep it on, but some sort of makeup or face paint might work.


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762387-Columbus-Day-2012