*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762545-Midweek-Reflections-on-a-cloudy-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#762545 added October 10, 2012 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on a cloudy day
The moonshines through clouds
Illuminating from behind
I take out the trash

This is Wednesday, so I rolled the trashcan to the curb before dawn. I had feeling I should take the trash out early today. As I was rolling the black plastic trashcan to the curb, I paused and looked up at the sky. The moon was shining through the cloud cover. The clouds in front of the moon were bright and textured. The rest of the clouds were dark and covered most of the sky, so I knew it would be a mostly cloudy day.

This morning, when the delivery person threw the paper it landed in the rocks beside the driveway. I thought about stepping into the rocks and picking up the paper, but decided it might not be a good idea. There is a broom handle leaning against the house and I used that to drag the paper out of the rocks. I did not tear the paper because it was inside a plastic bag. Whenever it looks like rain, whenever there are clouds in the sky, the paper delivery person puts the paper in a plastic bag just in case it rains.

As I look out the living room window, I can see the variegated textures of the clouds. The sunshine cast shadows, but not dark shadows. I can tell by the brightness of the sunlight when the sun goes behind a cloud. I do not know it it will rain today. I did not look at the news this morning. I seldom look at the morning news anymore because I have to focus on Mom. I do read the paper of a morning, I have time for that while Mom and I wait in the living room for the C.N.A. to come and give Mom her bath. Considering that it is cloudy, Mom was in a good mood this morning.

Clouds
do the promise rain
or is the an autumn joke
played by
Mother Nature.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762545-Midweek-Reflections-on-a-cloudy-day