*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/763376-Question-of-the-day-Why
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#763376 added October 20, 2012 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
Question of the day: Why
Why do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front? - Author Unknown Quotes and sayings


It isn't only drugstores that have their pharmacy departments inconveniently located, but supermarkets as well. When I go to the supermarket to get my prescriptions filled I have to walk past customer service, where the cigarettes and restroom keys are located, past a mini-post office, and past a bank branch. Then if I should need to go to the restroom before doing the remainder of my shopping, I have to walk back to customer service to get the restroom key. You would think that, under these circumstances, the restrooms would be located close to customer service, but they're not. The restrooms are on the opposite side of the store, so you have to get the restroom key and then walk past the store's entrance to find the restrooms.

Then there is the issue with convenience stores. Since they are called convenience stores, you would think it would be easy to find the once convenience that is upper most in many senior citizens minds i.e. the restroom. In convenience stores the restrooms are hidden and inaccessible by anyone except the staff. A drugstore is another place where the restrooms are hidden from the general public; I know a person isn't suppose to do restroom stuff in front of witnesses, but you would think that in an emergency they would be easy to find. However, water and disposable undergarments are extremely easy to find in these stores.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/763376-Question-of-the-day-Why