*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764959-Twitter-Scribbles--Sunday-4-November-2012
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#764959 added November 4, 2012 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Twitter Scribbles: Sunday, 4 November 2012

I looked out the window. The wind blew across the hillside, picking up snow and scattering it, as if it was still falling from the clouds.

---

I sat in rapt attention as the soloist sang. A single tear rolled down my cheek as her voice skillfully intoned the haunting lyrics.

---

I turned the small piece of wood in my hand, shaving away small fragments from it here and there. It began to take the shape I wanted.

---

I stared at his facial features, and considered how handsome and ageless they were. He was offering me that same beauty, to possess forever.

---

We sat on the couch watching the movie. He leaned forward, snagged a slice of cheese pizza from the box, and held it out as I took a bite.

---

I walked through the dewy grass and the dampness felt cool against my bare feet. Every now and then, I'd squat to break off another flower.

---

I lay on my side next to him, studying his sleeping face. I could hear his breath escape through his slightly parted lips, which were thin.


JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're human. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764959-Twitter-Scribbles--Sunday-4-November-2012