*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765506-HHGTTG-cross-over
by ~MM~
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1902844
Shelf space for Blake's 7 fanfic
#765506 added November 10, 2012 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
HHGTTG cross-over
Prompt: Include a robot or an android








“So here I am, brain the size of a planet...”


“Impossible!”  Snapped Orac, “even the smallest of planets…”


“…Babysitting a box of Christmas lights…”


Orac spluttered, “what did you call me?  I’ll have you know…”


Marvin carried on, apparently obvious to Orac’s rage.  “And he’s not much better, either.”  Marvin’s head was still sunk between his shoulders, but he paused long enough to point an accusing finger at Zen.  “I can calculate the gravitational force of every rock in the sector, formulate a revolutionary new drug for throat cancer and quote Pliny, whilst making the waffles.  All he can do is flash some lights and say ‘con-firmed.’  Huh!  And they want me to sit here while they go and bring down the Federation.  Don’t they know it’ll all go wrong?  I told them this is nothing compared to when Zaphod was in charge…”





Zen quietly slipped into hibernation mode.  The trouble with Marvin was he didn’t have an off-key like Orac (privately Zen wondered if that was why Tarrant had been so eager to teleport down; even Vila hadn’t moaned about the danger).  And switching off the life-support wouldn’t do any good either; it wasn’t like Marvin breathed.  Thinking about it, it was a pity Orac didn’t either.





Writing dragon signature
© Copyright 2012 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765506-HHGTTG-cross-over