*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765991-The-Gift-of-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#765991 added November 14, 2012 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
The Gift of Today
Writing/Blog Prompt for Wednesday, November 14, 2012: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.” Eleanor Roosevelt: Write about the gift of today. By Prosperous Snow celebrating for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS,

Each day is a new chance
to find a laugh or two

Today I found more then two laughs. As I was driving to the grocery store this morning I saw the following bumper sticker.

Zombie Hunter
Kill Or Be Eaten

All right, I have to admit that there are some people in this world who wouldn't find that particular bumper sticker amusing, but I find it hilarious and I'm laughing out loud about it right now. In fact, I'm laughing so hard that it's difficult to write this sentence. I laugh every time I think about that bumper sticker.

Each day is a gift. Each day is new chance to express myself. Each day is a new chance to get even by living well. Each day is a new chance to laugh at myself and with others. Each day is a new chance to walk out my front door look up into the predawn sky to find either the morning star or a UFO. Since I live in Las Vegas I have a good chance of seeing at least one of the two.

Each day is a gift. Each laugh is a gift because each time you laugh you extend your life. So if you want to live to be 100 then laugh because laughter is a gift that you can give to yourself or to someone else each day.


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765991-The-Gift-of-Today