*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767390-The-Creed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#767390 added December 1, 2012 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
The Creed
An Immortality of Awareness

There are Stage Plays, Screen Plays, and illustrations of every shape and size. All these pale in comparison to the Stage of a Reader. (SOAR)

As writers we get to play on the SOAR, the greatest stage of them all. Imagination is a capacity of the human mind and spirit to game play a Course of Action in our hearts and minds without ever having to experience it first hand. We can visualize and even physically experience events transpiring in imagination that are not directly tied to reality. “That will never work!” we often think, (feeling disgusted or some other emotion) thereby avoiding the consequences of an ill-considered notion.

All this is no doubt blatantly obvious to my readers who are perhaps wondering where Percy-Bob is going with this thread. If you think about what you do as writers, it boils down to arranging a thread of Alpha characters into the representation of a word. A word evokes an image in the imagination. We string these words into a sentence, which is a cluster of these Alpha characters broken by spaces. The sentences are grouped into paragraphs, which represent a series of images designed to express an imaginative idea. So it goes into chapters and books.

Now think about this. These images have both a rational and spiritual dimension. We have gotten good at reason, understanding the concept and even at times applying it to our lives. Our science has exploded based on this Greek idea of the problem solving process. Our spiritual understanding, on the other hand, has not progressed far from the white-hot energy that percolated for thousands of years in the minds of men and came to a boil around the time of Christ. At this point it began to cool to where today it’s hard to get a nativity scene in the public square.

However, there is no denying the presence of the spirit even if we relegate it to the dungeons of our forgotten souls. Still if we look into the eyes of a child, animated by the discover of this thing or that or go out in the backyard on a clear night, we can’t help but be touched by a sense of awe which is an uncontestable acknowledgement of the spirit that men and women of old always accepted as real. In our love affair with science we forget that before science mankind was able to get through the day-to-day challenges of life, procreating and leaving the legacy that pulses today beneath our skin.

This whole spiritual idea reached it highest expression in the Apostles Creed. It expresses the notion of a creator, linked by a spirit, to the life existing on this planet. The idea set forth is that a part of the creator is inside all living things granting them life and IT, an immortality of awareness. Is that cool or what?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767390-The-Creed