*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767421-Biometric-Serial-Number
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#767421 added December 4, 2012 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
Biometric Serial Number
Biometric Serial Number

Men and women are born, they go on for a while, and then drop dead. What happens after we die? Science says that what happens after death is “Unknowable.” This is a great conceit, the idea that because science can’t explain something… that makes it “Unknowable.”

The best science can come up with was that once upon a time there was a primordial pool filled with enzymes and they some how combined in such a way that life was created… and not only was there life but it just happened by coincidence, to have the ability to replicate itself. Most find this explanation a bit hard to swallow. How could a random combination of nucleic acids both spring to life and at the same time have a subprogram where the ability to produce offspring was written? .

If this doesn’t exactly make sense, science explains it away by telling us we have no appreciation of infinity and that a million monkeys pounding on a typewriter would before infinity is reached produce a perfect error free duplicate of every written work ever writ. Does anyone really subscribe to that outlandish notion? By the way the record of life on this planet does not stretch back to infinity, where ever that is. It seems to have started fairly recently given the age of the rock we live on.

Despite advances made in medicine we are still light years from understanding how the human body works. The more we learn the more incredible life becomes and the complexity boggles the mind. We have this capacity called “Reason” which has led us an understanding of the space around us and while understanding is far from complete it vastly outdistances our understanding of the Spirit inside us. What are “senses?” and how do emotions really work. Imagine a godly designer talking abstractly about laughter and tears, love and hate and how they became hardwired into the genome. What is humor? How does it work? Some say it is a contradiction between expectation and delivery and the delta locks up the computer for an instant creating a hysteria that manifests itself in laughter.

Not much of a definition… but it’s the best I could come up with and I can’t even take credit for it… seems I heard that somewhere in my distant past. Did I hear it or imagine it? What if one day, someone mucking about in the DNA comes up with a bio-code that is unique for every one of us… a serial number if you will, built around a date code?

How cool would that be?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767421-Biometric-Serial-Number