*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768015-Is-it-really-the-end-of-the-world
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#768015 added December 9, 2012 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
Is it really the end of the world?
December 9 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS by Marsha Musselman Prompt: People are talking about the end of the world especially with what the Mayan calendar proposes. / What do you think of when you think about the end of the world, for instance what would have to take place first? How bad would the world need to get before you begin to freak out, or maybe you will never freak out, in either case why or why not?


First, many people confuse the end of the world with the end of an age, many people don't know the difference or don't think there is a difference. The end of the world refers to the destruction of the planet itself, which I doubt will occur. The end of an age is different, because it refers to the end of an era in civilization's evolution and passage into the next stage.

I don't believe the planet is going to be destroy. It's possible the Earth's axis may shift, but that's not the destruction of the planet. An axis shift will have an effect on civilization and humanity, but it will not destroy the planet. Some human or group of humans have been predicting the end of the world for eons and the world hasn't ended yet. It doesn't mean the world will not end at some future date because the sun novas or a piece of space rock hits the planet. Those things may someday happen. However, I don't think the world is going to end on December 21, 2012; if anything happens, it will be a transition from one stage of civilization's evolution to another.

How would I react? I have no idea. I would do one of two things, I would either panic or I would remain calm. Remain calm seems to be the best option especially with everyone else panicking.


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768015-Is-it-really-the-end-of-the-world