*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767961-Why-was-I-born
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#767961 added December 8, 2012 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Why was I born?
December 8, 2012 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is Why do you think you were born into this world?

Why was I born? This is a question I ask myself for many years. I'm not sure how old I was when I first began asking it. The answer eluded me, until I read the follow scripture reveal by Baha'u'llah. I finally found the answer to my question.

Having created the world and all that liveth and moveth therein, He, through the direct operation of His unconstrained and sovereign Will, chose to confer upon man the unique distinction and capacity to know Him and to love Him -- a capacity that must needs be regarded as the generating impulse and the primary purpose underlying the whole of creation....
Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 65


The quote answered my question and with further reading I found the following quote which gave me further understanding of why I was born.

The purpose of God in creating man hath been, and will ever be, to enable him to know his Creator and to attain His Presence.
Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 70


To know and love God
And attain the presence of
My Creator

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767961-Why-was-I-born