*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769088-The-Writer-or-the-Writing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#769088 added December 22, 2012 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
The Writer or the Writing
The Writer or the Writing?

I woke up this morning and there is snow everywhere. It is supposed to continue all day and into tonight. I filled the outdoor wood stove last night and sure hope there are some coals left when I finish this blog and go outside.

I have to do something. I have gained 3 lbs. Those cookies and fudge of Linda’s are so good. She says we need to go on a gluten free diet. Whatever she fixes I eat and no more. Except for the fudge and cookies.

My wife likes old movies. In return for going to fly with me on Fridays at the gym, I promised to watch some with her. Last night we saw Barbara Stanwick in Double Indemnity. The screenplay was well crafted and the acting was exceptional.

Yesterday we ran errands. First we ordered new tires for our Prius. Then we went to the VA for my annual physical. The PA said I was in good shape and couldn’t find anything to recommend. I ordered some parts for my broken quad-copter and bought a new one. In testing it I landed in a snow bank and think I fried the chip. This RC hobby of mine is frustrating… not to mention expensive.

Every time I get more than one hit on my summary statistics, or receive a review, I go back and read the piece. It never fails that I find typos and make some word choice substitutions. It is amazing how our mind sees things after the passage of time that we missed when embroiled in the writing. Sometimes I cringe and think… this is pretty awful. At other times I think, this isn’t half bad.

Trying to keep a blog fresh and alive is an ongoing challenge. I think I’ll start taking pictures of my wood processing labors each day. Maybe my readers will like to see what goes into keeping warm in Wisconsin. My Canadian readers are sure to chuckle and think, Percy doesn’t know what cold weather and snow is… Then again my Florida readers are sure to see matters in a warmer light. … I sure would hate to live up North… no wonder we get all those Yankees coming south.

It all depends on where you’ve been and happen to sit. There is a country song that never was very popular but that made a real hit with me… There is a lyric that goes.

“Some girls don’t like guys like me… but then some girls do.”

Since there are more females than males on WDC, I find that to be true with what I write. I often wonder when I detect a note of negativity, if the reader doesn’t like what I write because she thinks I’m a jerk, or how it’s written? Stated in simpler terms… is it the writer or the writing?

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769088-The-Writer-or-the-Writing