*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769167-God-is-Small
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#769167 added December 21, 2012 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
God is Small
God is Small

As mentioned in past blogs, I believe that life was created. In a nutshell (Yes indeed, a dimensional nutshell) I believe this because life tends to have a balance, symmetry, a capacity to reproduce, and performs a variety of complex functions that can’t be attributed to randomness or chance. Bear in mind that the geological evidence of life does not stretch back to infinity (where ever that is) but appears on this rock some time after the planet was born; actually a long time after earth was formed.

I doubt that we will ever be able to trace our origins to a single source but will discover instead a host of intermediaries along the way. I will speculate that our creator was much smaller in stature than we are today. This hypothesis is at odds with traditional thinking that sees God as an omnipotent and all pervading force that fills the cosmos we see at night.

Instead, let me offer that God is within us and instead of looking at the stars with awe, we need to look with the same wonder at the biology that scuttles around the milieu of our environment. Most of this biology is much smaller than what we observe, so small in fact that it can hardly be seen. Still if someone really wants to know our origins we need to turn our focus to the smallest structures that go into the making of life.

It is my suspicion that our creator was of a dimension that allowed Him/Her/It (HIMHERIT) to work comfortably with the materials laying about. That would make our creator small indeed. HIMHERIT would have worked with proteins like we handle knives forks and spoons. I say this because when we create something we need to be able to see, hear, feel, taste, and smell it close up. Life has grown beyond a sensory understanding of the basic components that combine to make this possible. Instead we make recourse to computers, microscopes and chemistry to try and unravel the mysteries that are beyond our sensory grasp. What might once have been self-evident has become so incredibly small that it is all but impossible to discern or comprehend.

Yet, here we are walking around in these amazing bio-chemical machines with only a vague notion of how they work. The more science tries to understand and explain the more questions it raises. The answers are inside our bodies written in a code of nucleic acids on a scale so small the characters approach invisibility.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769167-God-is-Small