*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769457-Vapors
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#769457 added December 26, 2012 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Vapors
Vapors

I wonder sometimes that if the telescopic universe is expanding… what about the microscopic. I mean doesn’t it follow that if the constellations are getting further and further apart so are the structures we see, looking down the dimensional rabbit hole? Since we are unable to see ourselves for but the short duration of a lifetime could it be that after a very long time, life has gotten larger, just as a consequence of the space between atoms? (This is not about diets…)

One of the things that the Hubble Telescope shows is gasses. Some of the images coming back are incredible, demonstrating that much of the cosmos is in a gaseous state.

A Gas is one of the three common forms of an element. A whiff of gas can be called a vapor… Dentists sometime use gas as a painkiller. Did you hear the one about the woman who returned home from the dentist and discovered her underwear on backwards? *Bigsmile*

In the Bible reference is made to spirits and spirits are said to look like a vapor. So does Casper the friendly ghost. That’s right a living (or once living thing) that is now floating around, unconstrained by a husk. Now I do hope this observation is not something my readers find too shocking, like the lady home from the dentist. A virus can live in a droplet of water, and I 'm sure most of you are familiar with water vapor. You know, the stuff that comes out of a teakettle or runs one of those old steam locomotives.

For example when a person sneezes the fluids inside their nostrils are atomized and if someone has a cold, they can pass it, via the atmosphere, from one person to the next. Remember how your mother told you to cover your nose when you sneezed? So we know that life can exist in a vapor, moving about in the atmosphere and thus the idea of a spirit is not as arcane as most would have you believe.

Animal life consumes vegetable matter or other animals to derive energy to motor about the world. Plants have roots going down into the ground that extract nutrients and through a process called photosynthesis convert sunlight into energy. A plant is like a light bulb. It makes its bubble from the elements, drawn from the soil, and uses its leaves to convert light into usable energy.

However there is one type of plant, CORN, to be specific, which also uses the air (vapor) to extract nutrients. This ability makes corn an interesting plant indeed. It has a sort of parasitic relationship with mankind. Corn can no longer be found in the wild or even anything that vaguely resembies it. While man might be able to live without corn, corn is nothing without man. If nobody is around to cultivate it, this amazing plant will quietly fade into the scrap heap of evolution.

So when the Bible talks about spirits, this isn’t just a bunch of voodoo. Remind me to talk some more about corn because without this discovery, many of our ancestors would have perished and if that’s not enough, our cabinets would have plenty more extra space. If you don’t believe me check the labels.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769457-Vapors