*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770006-January-2-2013
by OOT™
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1909913
A place to keep my personal thoughts.
#770006 added January 2, 2013 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
January 2, 2013
Since I have a prompt for both the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS and "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum, I'm going to address both of them in this entry.

"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS If you could give any person in the world one gift (money and time are no obstacle), who would you pick and what would you give them?
I'm guessing that the gift doesn't have to be monetary, so I would have to say that I would give my mother the gift of good health. She is in her early 60's and, although she is still quite active, I can see her health slowly deteriorating. A couple of weeks ago, she fell and broke her arm, and she has been in constant pain since that time. Also, as of late, I have noticed that her memory isn't quite what it used to be, and she'll tell me the same thing several times, forgetting that we have already talked about it. It breaks my heart to see someone whom I love so much with declining health and knowing there's nothing I can do about it. *Frown*


"Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum What was the longest amount of time you have spent waiting in line for something? What was it, and was it worth the wait? First of all, I'd like to note that I am likely one of the most impatient people in the world, so any amount of time spent waiting in line seems like an eternity to me. That being said, the longest amount of time I have ever spent waiting in line was during a Black Friday sale in 2009. Because I am not a morning person, rather than risking oversleeping, I stayed up all night the night before. That was my first mistake.

I arrived at the mall at 4:30 a.m. to get a head start on the stores that were opening their doors at 5. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one with that idea. I sat in a line of cars for 3 hours, just trying to get into the parking lot. By the time I was finally able to get to the front of the line of cars, I saw that there were no parking spaces left. Disgusted, disgruntled and discouraged, I gave up and left the mall without even trying to park, which took another 2 hours. It was obviously not worth the wait. Consequently, I have not attempted to attend another Black Friday sale since then!

© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770006-January-2-2013