*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770179-January-3-2013
by OOT™
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1909913
A place to keep my personal thoughts.
#770179 added January 3, 2013 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
January 3, 2013
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS Prompt: Do you believe that incorrect spellings and grammar are acceptable in creative forms such as poetry?
No, I do not. I believe that spelling and grammar are as indicative of a writer's ability as the choice of words themselves. I think that an excellent poem that is replete with spelling and grammatical errors becomes a good poem. I can completely understand the occasional spelling or grammatical error in a poem due to an oversight of the author, but a poem full of errors evidences to me that the author is neither conscientious nor proud of his work. That being said, I do try to make sure I point out all of these errors that I find when reviewing a piece in an attempt to ensure that an exceptional piece doesn't get a low rating because of errors that can easily be remedied.


"Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum Prompt: You have to give up one of your senses. Which one will it be?
Now, this is a tough question. I would have to say I would give up the sense of taste. I think it would be much easier to go the rest of my life without being able to taste anything than it would to live without the ability to see, hear, smell or feel. Smell comes in a close second, but losing one's ability to smell results in the inability to taste as well, so I would chose taste.

© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (UN: outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
OOT™ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770179-January-3-2013