*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770026-Life-and-the-Creation-Model
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#770026 added June 20, 2013 at 1:39pm
Restrictions: None
Life and the Creation Model

I have said it before but it bears repeating… Life follows the creation model. By this I mean that what we create follows the same patterns by which life was created in the past.

For example take the automobile. It is built along a central axis with redundant appendages. Instead of hands and feet it has wheels. It uses coiled suspension instead muscles, has an energy engine, pumps and an electrical system, that is analogous to the neurons which carry signals to different parts of the body. It has mechanisms for dissipating heat and regulating fluid pressures. In other words the auto is built on a familiar model using many of the design features consciously or unconsciously found in life.

Another great example is the computer that draws much of its design inspiration from the human brain. There is Read Only Memory (ROM) that runs the body functions and Random Access Memory (RAM) that is available to our awareness for meeting the environmental challenges of day-to-day living.

So while there is a creation model, how it is used depends on the materials that are on hand and what the creator is most familiar and comfortable with using. What we are doing in this stage of our evolution follows the creation model and I have little doubt that we are on the verge of creating a life form that will be composed of materials we use in our every day existence.

Human beings are much too fragile and short lived to go to the stars but rest assured we will send robotic life forms out there and beyond. We are doing it now on Mars and it is no great stretch to see where the early developments are heading. These man-made life forms will be designed on the guidelines of the creation model.

Whoever created life in general and human kind specifically, liked working with the carbon dioxide molecule. From this starting point they coaxed out the carbon atoms to build the molecules of life. These molecules, to name a few, include carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids and lipids. Using the sun as an energy source and using photosynthesis these carbon atoms were taken from the air, water and soil to become the basic organic building blocks of life.

We like working at a higher level of resolution with materials and processes that are the result of our unique technological development and understanding. Biochemistry is not our tool of choice even though we are learning more about it every day.

Let me offer that Creation was not a one-time event but rather a chain of events that began in the distant past and continues, ever evolving and adapting to the needs and conditions of tomorrow. Evolution is not the genesis of creation any more than is a murky pool of chemicals arranged by chance. Evolution and raw materials did not create life any more than the automobile and computer invented themselves. Don't confuse evolution with creation!

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770026-Life-and-the-Creation-Model