*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770091-Pagin-My-Muse
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#770091 added January 2, 2013 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
Pagin My Muse
There's a huge part of me that wants to write. Really *wants* to write. I've enjoyed cranking out so many Writing Quickies, erotic short stories, Twitter Scribbles, and words on my novel, "A Change of Mind [GC], lately. It's given me a great sense of accomplishment, and I want to keep the momentum going.

And yet, right now, I got nothing. I sit looking at the fact that I haven't worked on the novel in 11 days, yet no new ideas (or the focus to turn them into even semi-workable plot and dialogue) come to me. I take some comfort in the knowledge that I produced my latest Writing Quickie, "Writing Quickie: Talking After the Movie, on Sunday and the erotic story, "Tickle Torture [XGC], on Thursday. But as those slip further into the past, I find myself wanted to do something new.

And yet, I feel relatively uninspired. No new ideas come to mind for a Writing Quickie. No new set-ups for an erotic piece come to mind. And like I said, the novel has me coming up dry. And I find myself screaming out, "Hey, Muse! Where'd you go! Get back here? Please?"

Granted, the poor sleep schedule and tiredness hasn't helped. I've had a few days over the past seven where it's been a challenge to keep my eyes open and form coherent thoughts, let alone do anything as masterful as creative writing (or some semblance thereof). So in reality, I should cut myself a lot of slack and give myself a good deal of credit for what I have done.

But all the same, I'd really like my muse back so I can get back to work. So if you see him (her?), please let me know.

JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2013 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770091-Pagin-My-Muse