*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770215-If-I-had-to-lose-one-of-my-senses
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1227752
I am finding my stride and living life in a world filled with chaos and change.
#770215 added January 3, 2013 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
If I had to lose one of my senses...
I had to think on this one...carefully because I felt I needed all of my senses to feel whole. I asked my husband about it and we discussed it a bit. The sense of sight...I couldn't let that one go because I'm hanging on to it as it is right now, so I had to keep that one.

My sense of hearing...it's one of my best traits. I can hear things scurrying around outside, I hear when someone stops out across the street from our home and is talking in raised voices, it's one of my past times to hear and check on the noise like an old bitty, so I can't let that one go either.

My sense of taste. Ahhhh, the taste of food. The taste of liquid and other pleasurable tastes. As I have grown older, and being in my mid thirties is older, I've found I enjoy food so much more than I did when I was younger. Maybe it is because I have the time now to eat and drink what I want. I enjoy jumping around with my daughter with candy in my mouth (my grandmother would just spank me if she could see me teaching my daughter bad habits) and eating ice cream...no! I cannot give up the sense of taste! It would be too much. Ok, on to the next one.

Sense of touch....hmmm. Is that important? Oh, it definitely is! If I couldn't feel the hugs my daughter gives me and my son when he visits, and OH, my grandson's hugs! I don't even need to go into my husband's touch...no! I cannot give up the sense of touch.

Well, the sense of smell. If I couldn't smell things...would that be a bad thing? Probably not. It would spare me the smell when it's time to change a diaper, or take out the trash, or all the unpleasant cleaning products noxious odors that tend to invade the nose cavity. Okay, I think I can give up the sense of smell.

I just hope I can still taste the Chicken Bryan from Carrabbas...all will be well with the world. *Smile*


The Tale of Coco Adore:
for friends and fans of the mayhem *Smile*

** Image ID #1523746 Unavailable **

Latest Kiya design sig and I love it!

noticing newbies committee sig

© Copyright 2013 Happy Adore♥ (UN: mylyndoll at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Adore♥ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770215-If-I-had-to-lose-one-of-my-senses