*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770802-This-ones-about-persuasion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#770802 added January 7, 2013 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about persuasion.
THE PROMPT: "Persuade me why you appreciate rainy days."

I can't. I just can't bring myself to do it.

What's the good word out there, y'all? Must be a lousy day on the left side of the west coast, judgin' by the prompt, but I could be wrong. Now, I can do a lot of things, and I can even do some of them well. But I can't persuade you that I appreciate rainy days.

Why? It's simple. I'm not gonna lie to you!!

There isn't a damn thing I enjoy or appreciate about a rainy day, or any other kind of precipitation-filled day for that matter. If it's not 80 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze, chances are my ass is at least a little miserable.

For starters, I walk crutch everywhere. Rain makes sidewalks slippery and gets all up in my face and glasses, makin' it hard to see. And if it's a really bad storm and you're caught without an umbrella, it starts to weigh your clothes down. Now, if you remember anything about anything I may happen to dislike (which is a lot to remember), you'll note that I absolutely dislike snow...but the weighing down of clothes in a storm is the only advantage of being in snow versus rain.

Also, rain cancels baseball games. Imagine being a fan, working hard all day doing nothing while waiting for your team's game to come on, and all you get is a rerun of Murder, She Wrote. Hours later you find while watching the news that the game was rained out. Now, this theory applies only when you're a fan of a team that isn't in your direct vicinity, but close enough to watch the games on cable. Of course, being a New York Mets fan, I don't think I'd mind so much if the entire 2012 season was rained out.

Rain causes puddles, and I just as easily could've destroyed my left ankle dodging a puddle like I jumped over a fire pit. In broad daylight. Without influence or reason. Stupid rain.

Rainy days affect my mood, for sure. I'm a classic case of being able to tell what it's like outside by interpreting my demeanor/clothes/look on my face. Like I said about it being 80 and sunny...there's another reason.

So you see, I can't do it. Rainy days. I've got no love for 'em. Now rainy day women, I can take them all day (and I'll stop there with the Dylan reference...I don't think this blog's rated explicitly enough for drug references Dylan references).

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Laugh* This entry was not lip-synced. 1988 called however, and they said the rain could no longer be used as a valid excuse for anything in the presence of this song.



VITAL STATS:

*Sun* So, it was not rainy here on the left side of the east coast. Cold but getting warmer, and the sun came out a little just before it went down.

*Drbag* Wasn't gonna go anywhere today. My ankle felt like crap...this is at least the second time I've woken myself up in the middle of the night by stretching or bending and my knee overreacting like a bitch to it. Plus, I think I overdid it in the shower last night (by standing, ya pervs *Wink*) It was probably for the best that I stayed off the stairs and the ice and whatnot...until that little voice in my head started tellin' me how bored he was. So I took a chance, nearly fell outside, and thank goodness for 40 degree weather tomorrow.

*Sleep* I need someone to help me with these dreams. I made a mix tape (not a cd, but an actual cassette tape) for a kid who was a mix between my half-brother and a friend's son. The tape was playing in a car being driven by the kid's mom (who alternated between my friend and my stepmom), while I was in the back with a tiny cat and my grown-up half-brother, Bro Mike. The kid was singin' along to "Time To Get Ill" by the Beastie Boys and I had $15 in my pocket. I was using the $5 bill as a remote control for the stereo. We drove past my high school when "Smile" by Pearl Jam came on. We made it back to her place, where I was staying with her husband that doesn't like me (only it wasn't him...it was a half-white/brown guy with little dredlocks that didn't like me). I had just cut the cast off my leg with a pizza cutter, and was rummaging through the bathroom looking for waterproof medical tape to tape it back together, but couldn't find any. I submit this to you...That's messed up, yo!!

Anyway, that's my day. Got some Spaghettios (with meatballs *Delight*) waiting for me, and I hope I'm not jinxin' the wi-fi...maybe I can actually read a few blogs tonight. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770802-This-ones-about-persuasion