*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770917-This-ones-about-where-yad-go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#770917 added January 10, 2013 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about where ya'd go.
THE PROMPT: "If you were told to 'leave town' tomorrow and everything you left behind would be taken care of for the next month, where would you go and why? (You cannot go to live with relatives.)"

What's up folks? This prompt's pretty easy, cuz I've pretty much already done it. Only, my stuff hasn't been looked after properly. Nor would Cortland have been my first choice (no offense to the fine couple of people here I've met). So I get to write a little bit of reality-based fiction? Ok!

Honestly, before all this happened to me, I hardly thought about moving. I didn't wanna move across town, let alone across a state or country. And I always figured it'd be more on my terms, or at least in cahoots with someone else's terms. The original plan was to grow old and move to Florida, where it's warm a lot more of the time, and grow older. And most of our stuff would come with us. Sadly, I didn't make it long enough in the relationship to see that to fruition.

So now instead I'm left to my own devices. The easy answer? I'd go back to 2011 (the year). Things were better and happier and there were less worries. I'd be a little smarter about the future and the present. I wouldn't have to worry about material items or my next meal or who gives a rat's ass about me, because I'd know a hell of a lot more then than what I know now. And I would be a lot more outwardly appreciative.

It's easy to say that, in my magical fairyland happyplace. It doesn't matter where exactly it would be; and the fact that it no longer exists doesn't really matter anymore because I know of no way to bring it back. It does make me sad, and I do miss it, and I know that it's going to be a long, long time before I ever get close enough to thinking I want to be anyplace with anyone again. I've been there...further than I've ever been. And I don't want to know anymore what it's like not to be able to go there again.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

I heard about this...this is a fantastic little bit of news! The legend has returned!



VITAL STATS:

No wi-fi for a few days, another depressing therapy session, and general malaise. Ain't life grand? On to more catching up...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770917-This-ones-about-where-yad-go