*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771837-okay-Ill-start-a-book
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#771837 added January 18, 2013 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
okay, I'll start a book.
painting confounds me:
no matter what eye tells brain,
pine trees should be green

freezing fog makes a
good excuse to stay at home
and paint write, don't you think?

Bill's gone to a friend's, working on making a door the cat can get through in a sliding window. So I've swept the floor and tried to paint. Our subject from last week's class is a pair of geese flying. I can't get the angle right to show the tail feathers. So I put it aside and fiddled with a pine tree, knowing I hadn't mixed up dark enough un-green paint but doing it anyway. It looks more like a banana tree. I don't really know why I want to paint so much. I mean, I want to want to. I want to be able to. But darn, it is not much fun. I get so tense about ruining the exensive paper, and worse yet, just making something I despise. I'll have to take notice of any part of it I actually enjoy and try to do that more. That's my RX for now. It's too early in the day for anything stronger.



I just got a review on the beautiful sig Alfred made me. She liked it. "In my humble opinion..." she said. Dolly always says that too. Have you ever heard anybody admit they have an arrogant opinion?

I can't remember how to post it, so until I figure it out again, here's the ID #1122646.

alfred booth's creation 2

© Copyright 2013 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771837-okay-Ill-start-a-book