*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775569-Decisions-Decisions-Decisions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#775569 added February 20, 2013 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
The February 20, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What's the hardest decision you've ever had to make? Why?

Each day is full of decisions from the moment I decided to respond to the alarm and get up or ignore the alarm for another five minutes. Once I get out of bed or in my case off the couch (I cannot sleep in a bed because both mattresses causes my back to hurt more then sleeping on the couch or love seat). Sometimes the decisions are hard and sometimes easy. Right now, I am confronted with the hardest decision or decisions I have ever had to make.

I am attempting to downsize. I am attempting to get rid of the accumulation of years Mom and I lived in Las Vegas. I am attempting to get rid of items that either Mom or I should have given away or thrown away before or after the last move we made. I am having one hell of a time doing it. I think part of the reason is that I do not want to do it, which is probably why the accumulation occurred. I would like to have help deciding what to keep, give away, and throw out; however, asking someone to help is out of the question. The reason is that I want Mom to help and only thing Mom can do is watch me from paradise.

All right, I know a lot of this should have been done a long time ago. After Mom went into the hospital in 2007 or before that when they closed the Castaways (the Old Showboat) and Mom had to retire from working with the public. It was not and there is no use shoulding on myself now. I need to suck it up and git with it. It is interesting, until I started this entry I was not sure why I was having difficulty in making these decisions. Writing this helped me understand the biggest block to making these decisions.

the day is cloudy
I heard a nightingale sing
will it rain today

Thought of the day: "Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come." - Robert H. Schuller

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775569-Decisions-Decisions-Decisions