*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776441-First-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#776441 added March 2, 2013 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
First Saturday...
...comes right on the heels of First Friday!

Who wudda thunk dat?

me:

Skies have brightened and days are noticeably longer. However ...few signs of Spring. Gotta look close.

I stopped in the library on my way to the Hills. Funny how the internet just absorbs time ...and never gives it back.

So. First Friday was very good to me. The street scene on a night of opening art exhibits is wonderful. Met folks. Saw some good art. It's one of the reasons to live here. This town has a vibe and an intact downtown that isn't AMERICAN ...used to be... *Frown*

Folks go to Europe and marvel at old buildings (they tear them down here), the walkability of cities (America prefers suburbs and SUVs). The café scene ...and I don't mean Starbucks.

I'm so looking forward to Masstricht, Delft, Ghent, Bruges, Røros... each will have a flavor that defies the beige shopping malls of the U.S.

Would you believe I ran into a Dutch woman (three times) from Rotterdam?

Ah... First Friday!
39,988

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776441-First-Saturday